Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hanginan!

Me with my family and in - laws decided to have a holy week adventure.So we went to "Hanginan" in Southern Leyte last April 22, 2011. It is where the shrine of St. Francisco Javier is located. Many town folks said that going to this place with your wishes,will come true. It is actually a very challenging exploration because the terrain going there is very difficult. Just imagine you are about to climb Mt. Everest in going there. The Shrine is situated at the top of the mountain and the only medium that can be use is your own feet. As I scrambled, I realized that maybe God will forgive me with all the sins I had and have done because it is really a sacrifice in going there. We started walking / climbing at around 3am and we reached the chapel / shrine after three hours.Going up is very tiring but going down is much painful because my feet were already starting to shake plus you have to exert force in going down. But as I look my 10 yr old son, he was very okay and he never felt tired or anything. Ang sarap talaga maging bata and that's what i remembered with my mom before.She always said that being young , you will never feel tired or exhausted and that's true enough.
As I pondered if I will still be doing this again next year, at first I was hesitant because until now my feet is still hurt but as I look at it, it feels good that I was able to see the goodness of life. It is not about your desire to climb but more on the sacrifice in going there. It is where you can see the true meaning of the Lenten season where Jesus Christ died on the cross for us..



No comments: