Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Election 2010

I was not able to post the lists of candidates for the local position in our city, Ormoc.And i don't have also the intention of posting the winners since at this moment I do not know who are the winners except for the Congressman and Mayor.I was so busy dealing with a lot of things and that includes,my Masteral,non - teaching and teaching duties here in STI. But.........
I would like to write about the experienced i had during the election day.Because I am sure each one of us has its own story to tell.
I went to my precinct at exactly 7am for the reason that i wanted to vote early but when i went to the area, there was already a huge number of people waiting to vote.I did not know what were the system, I mean the process should be taken for this new automated election but thank to my neighbors who taught me what to do.I wrote my name on the small piece of paper together with the precinct number then I submitted it to the person in charge. But it took me almost three hours to vote since the PCOS machine's back up memory card was defective. The Smartmatic technician who happens to be my student was confused on what to do because the people including the BEI depended on her but thank God through innovation via cellphone, communication was quick among the Smartmatic personnel, it was decided as per instruction of the Smartmatic Supervisor of our area to detached the memory card from the PCOS machine so that the election will push through.
Fast forward, i was able to vote around 9:30am.Almost everyone claimed the election process was unsatisfactory because the PCOS machine cannot cater 500 voters for one day but in terms of the results it was better compared to the old system since a day after the election, result is already finished especially in the local positions.
Hmmm, my assessment with the new automated election is "satisfactory" . There are things that need to improve. And I know the Comelec will work on this for the next coming elections. But nevertheles, I commend Comelec for a job done for this 2010 elections.

1 comment:

Claudia Lawrence said...

hi shmuyuela, nice post & good blog, i think u must try this site to increase traffic. have a nice day !!!